Healthy eating is the way we eat the right combination of foods, our diet provides all of the nutrients and other substances we need to stay healthy. If we choose a poor combination of foods, we may be missing out on some nutrients and consuming others in excess.
There are actually more than 40 nutrients that are essential to our life. We need to consume these essential nutrients in our diets because our bodies either cannot produce them in large enough amounts for optimal health. Different foods contain different nutrients in varying amounts and combinations.
Benefits of healthy eating are the facts that make us to stay healthy with a good range of body weight. The followings are some benefits of healthy eating that we can have from:
• Healthy eating provides the body with sufficient energy and nutrients to promote health, prevent deficiencies, and reduce the incidence of chronic disease. If we have over nutrition in our diet, it will definitely produce an excess of energy or nutrients which are the causes of obesity and the risk increasing of developing diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
• Healthy eating provides the right number of calories to keep our weight in healthy range with the energy we expend to stay alive and active.
• Healthy eating provides the proper balance of carbohydrate, protein, and fat in our diets. The balance of these nutrients is one of the benefits of healthy eating which help to form body structures and to grow our body properly. Remember that it’s difficult to reduce the amount of fat in the diet if we don’t intake more carbohydrates or protein. Likewise, limiting the amount of carbohydrates can lead us to gain amount of fat or protein.
• Healthy eating provides plenty of waters in our body. Water is an essential nutrient that makes up about 60% of our weight. It provides no energy, but it is needed to transport nutrients, oxygen, waste products, and other important substances in the body and is needed for numerous chemical reactions. If body water is low, antidiuretic hormone causes a reduction in urine output and other hormones cause the kidneys to retain sodium.
• Healthy eating provides also sufficient but not excessive amounts of essential vitamins and minerals which help to regulate efficiently the rate of chemical reactions within the body.
Tips for healthy eating:
1. Eat at regular hours.
2. Don't skip any meal.
3. Don't forget to eat breakfast. Always start the day with a well-rounded meal.
4. Take the time to taste and to chew your food well.
5. Vary your menu.
6. Avoid pastries, sweets, crisps, soda drinks - anything that has little or no nutritious value.
7. Beware of salt consumption. It can cause hypertension.
8. Eat a lot of raw vegetables and fresh juice. Choose whole wheat bread.
9. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water or vegetable juice or sugar-free juice per day.
10. You should also drink milk.
11. Eat good quality food supplements every day.
12. After each meal you should rest. Don't start to work or exercise right after.